Setting and styling a table can be daunting but with a detailed look at these gold party theme ideas you will be begging to host the next party! In the above video tutorial, we show you how to set a gorgeous gold place setting and now we look at how it can complement so many glamourous gold party themes. A gold party is timeless, sophisticated and elegant and can be adapted to work with almost any celebration. In addition, gold has the ability to give you a gender neutral party to please any type of party theme be it; birthday, christening, bridal shower, new year’s, or Christmas. Let us show you how!
1. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Gold Themed Party There are many ways you can spin this childhood nursery rhyme theme that works perfectly on a gold palette. Whether it’s a birthday party, baby shower or New Year’s Eve party, stars are mesmerising, illusive and help us to dream and wonder. With a gorgeous gold table setting in place, look for a center piece that sets off your theme such as gold star foil balloons or star garlands. Alternatively, fresh flowers make a beautiful center piece and a white arrangement with a fresh white table cloth can be all you need to create a table setting that’s just dreamy and sets off all your gold features. There are plenty of star decorations to help enhance the whole theme such as star name cards, star cupcake and cake toppers, gold cupcake wrappers and star stickers. Don’t forget gold glitter and confetti which can add an extra sparkle to the day.
2. Gold Safari Themed Parties Whether it’s a combination of African animals or you just pick your favourite one (such as a giraffe or lion), a gold safari theme can be a lot of fun! You can style it with the vast African plains in mind or a dense tropical jungle. It suits birthdays, baby showers and christenings and can be styled from casual to glamourous depending on your budget. The key to this theme is featuring your gold animals and leveraging natural textures and items to bring nature to the table. Paper gold partyware is a perfect addition to this style of party along with cottons, linens, flowers, foliage, wood, hessian and bamboo. The mixtures of golden earthly textures paired with white makes this a classic look for any animal themed party lover.
3. A Warm Winter Wonderland You don’t have to be into Disney’s Frozen to enjoy this cool theme. And the perfect complement to a white palette is a touch of gold to bring warmth. This theme delivers an elegant birthday party, Winter tea party, engagement or family Christmas celebration. When working with a Winter Wonderland it is important to think in terms of season and temperature. Keep in mind the beauty of snow, crystals, white woodland animals, and bare trees and contrast it with warmth from fire, faux fur, and candlelight or fairy lights. Using both texture and colour turns this theme from a frozen wasteland into a cosy setting. Start with a gold place setting like we did in the video tutorial and develop a centre piece using your favourite materials suitable for the occasion; glassware, crystals, vases, clear baubles, bare branches white candles or white flowers. Faux fur can be used as blankets, table runner or pillows.
4. Go Bold with a Gold Christmas A gold themed Christmas is timeless. When you look back over the photos in the years to come it will still be as beautiful as the day you enjoyed it. Layering at Christmas helps create a stunning table and adds a sense of hidden treasures to a magical day. The shops are filled with gold decorations at Christmas time, from trees, wreaths, stockings, reindeers, baubles, crackers, bells, stars, chocolates, wrapping paper, and candles you can simply gather the materials you need to set a magical Christmas table that will have your visitors sitting at your table for hours.
5. Gold Woodland Party Nature produces different hues of gold in its own way. A gold woodland party gives you the opportunity to accentuate the highlights in gold and let nature do the rest. With a beautiful gold table setting like in the tutorial above, look to nature to provide you with the decorations to bring a gold woodland theme to life; gold sprayed pine cones or fruits, lanterns, bare branches, fresh white flowers and of course lots of greenery. A woodland party is great for boys of different ages and can be packed full of adventure through the use of games or a bonfire! We have seen lots of beautiful girl woodland parties decorated with teepees, flowers and sometimes magical creatures!
6. Gold Bumble Bee Party Gold adds a touch of class to these busy little creatures that make delicious honey and a fun party theme. The gold table setting outlined in the tutorial complements a bumble bee party beautifully! With gold stripy straws, cups and napkins and a solid gold plate all you need is to build out the bumble bee theme with bees, flowers and honeycomb. Bring in black as a secondary colour and you’ll really make the entire theme dramatic. This theme can be used for baby showers “What will it Bee?”, “Mother to Bee” and birthday parties “Queen Bee”, “Bee-Day Party”, or Bridal party “Bride to Bee”. Decoration ideas are plentiful from clear balloons filled with gold confetti, gold bee straw tags, bee cupcake toppers, a beehive cake, honeycomb tags, a beehive piñata, and pots of honey as party favours, there seems to be no end to what you can do to theme this buzzy gold party.
7. A Golden Easter Easter is a magical time for kids waking up to discover a household full of chocolate delivered by a rabbit during the night. Whether it’s an Easter egg hunt that delights them or just having a day without chocolate restrictions, Easter is a time to celebrate for the whole family. We couldn’t go past including this theme in our focus on gold as we demonstrate how versatile one place setting from the above video tutorial can be. It is not hard to find gold chocolate eggs and bunnies in the shops leading up to Easter which offer perfect centre piece ideas for your table. Whether you use nests or decorative bowls to house the eggs or simply scatter them around amongst flower arrangements for the kids to eat, they will be enough to light up little eyes. Bunnies make lovely party favours and plate setting or if there is too much chocolate in your house at Easter opt for ceramic bunnies and hard boiled eggs both can be made or bought gold too. With so much going on at Easter a beautifully set table the day before offers a chance to enjoy the activities and festivities of Easter.
8. A Sparkling New Year’s Eve As a parent of 2 very active children I’m not sure the last time I did an official count down to midnight and watched the clock tick over to the start of a new year. I can tell you that missing the countdown does not mean missing out on a party! I like to combine the adults and the kids for New Year’s Eve and with a sparkling gold theme you capture all the twinkling promises of a fresh year ahead. Four things that are a guaranteed hit with the kids and a must for any New Year’s party are hats, horns, poppers and sparklers! There are so many beautiful designs this can still be an elegant plate setting or centre pieces that add interest to your table and all the tools needed to bring in the New Year toast! Bring your table alive with gold confetti, scripted words of inspiration, a celebration cake and of course a significant feature of the year you are ringing in!
9. A Gender Neutral Baby Shower When you have the honour of hosting a friend’s baby shower and the gender is a surprise don’t despair. There are many great themes for a gender neutral baby shower one of which is centred around the colour gold. Mix gold with white and your mum-to-be will be very pleased that her baby shower is all about her before it becomes all about her baby. Walking into a baby shower featuring a beautifully set table will be a welcoming site for many mothers who rarely get the chance to sit down and enjoy uninterrupted adult company. Baby games and activities can all still be fully incorporated such as; white jumpsuits decorated with gold paint pens, games with beautifully designed foil gold stationary or a keep sake advice book for mum-to-be to keep in the weeks to come. If you are looking for more ideas on hosting a baby shower check out our post “How to throw the ultimate baby shower”.
10. A Royal Event Golden crowns have sat on the heads of Kings, Queens and royal families forever as a symbol of power, hope, honour, triumph and glory. Designed with gold and often rare jewels crowns are often worn at traditional ceremonies to mark the person of importance, so it is only natural that this party theme has found its way into many homes for baby showers, bridal showers and birthdays to celebrate the guest of honour! A royal party theme has the flexibility to become a princess or a prince or remain neutral. Either way gold will feature as the main colour and crowns will adorn through your party in the form of invites, cakes, cupcake toppers, crowns to wear, confetti and labels. Dress your table lavishly with goblets (mason jars), shimmering table runner and a feast fit for your king or queen and sit back and enjoy the celebrations.
11. Treasure Party Nothing says treasure better than a golden treasure chest brimming with gold coins! Such a simple theme that doesn’t have to become pirate or nautical just keep to the glimmering treasure and loot or leverage this theme for a sentimental touch with photos of the special guest. Using gold partyware and treasure items you can build out this party to be very entertaining for example; a treasure hunt (with map), decorating a treasure box station, catching coins games, piñata or even a relay passing the loot. Party Favours could easily be a small treasure box full of loot or a jewellery piece with a thank you tag. Table center pieces could be styled around treasure items such as goblets, jewellery, or coins any if you are adding that sentimental touch use these items to frame special words, poems or photos for a memorable day.
When Planning your next Gold Party At the heart of any party is a beautifully set table, inviting you to gather around and celebrate the special occasion. A gold theme is timeless, sophisticated, fun and elegant and can be adapted to work with almost any celebration as you can see from our post. We hope our ideas have given you lots of inspiration for the party you are planning. It can become so overwhelming at times and it need not if you pick a key theme and build it out to suit your audience; boy or girl, young or old. Download our free party planner for additional help in planning a stress free party and staying focused. Keep the table the key feature and at the heart of your party where guests rest, gather, eat, play and celebrate and the rest is additional beauty and fun that can extend to your wildest dreams!
CREDITS: TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR GOLD THEMED PARTY (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST IMAGE AND 3RD IMAGE Bloom Designs / 2ND IMAGE Suzanne Carey Photography / GOLD SAFARI THEMED PARTIES (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST IMAGE Entertaining with Emily / 2ND IMAGE AND 3RD IMAGE Hostess With The Mostess / A WARM WINTER WONDERLAND (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST AND 2ND IMAGE Entertaining with Emily / GO BOLD WITH A GOLD CHRISTMAS (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST AND 3RD IMAGE Lenzo / 2ND IMAGE Ede Events Party /GOLD WOODLAND PARTY (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST IMAGE Arrow & Lace / 2ND IMAGE Hip & Hooray / GOLD BUMBLE BEE PARTY (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST 2ND and 3RD IMAGE West Bloom Paper Co. / A GOLDEN EASTER (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST IMAGE Illume Partyware / 2ND IMAGE STYLING Emily Henderson PHOTOGRAPHY Dylan + Jeni / A SPARKLING NEW YEAR’S EVE (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST 2ND and 3RD IMAGE Love Me Do Photography / A GENDER NEUTRAL BABY SHOWER AS Events / A ROYAL EVENT (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) 1ST Dana Fernandez Photography / 2ND IMAGE POST Wedding Chicks Photography Organic Album Photography By Darya /