I started Illume Partyware out of a passion for parties and to do something that I truly love. I have learned a lot over the years and would like to share with you my top 10 tips for business owners in the party industry.
1. Tell your story and show people why your business is different. Your company’s story is so important and very powerful. A faceless company with no real purpose and no story is not very interesting. In a world where people have a lot of choices, your story may be the deciding factor.
2. Offer your customers something different. There are so many products on offer when it comes to partyware so make sure you source products that are unique. Sell products that you can’t find at your local department store.
3. Have a clear company vision and create a business plan. Set up long-term goals, what you hope to achieve in the next 3- 5 years. Then set up short-term goals that will help to achieve those long-term goals. Ensure you have a firm date written down to complete your short-term goals. Then tick them off as you complete them. Type up your company vision, frame it and put in somewhere you will see it daily. You have to know where you’re going before you can work towards getting there.
4. Know your target market. Knowing who you are targeting will allow you to advertise directly to your potential customers. It is a more affordable and efficient way to reach potential clients and generate business.
5. Celebrate your success. It is important to take time to celebrate each success. Your celebration doesn’t have to be a big deal. It can be something you do alone or something you share with others. It just has to make you feel good and help you enjoy your accomplishment.
6. Ask your customers for feedback. Knowing what your customer’s think of your service and products, and knowing where to improve is very important. It allows you to improve your business, products and overall customer experience. Work on building relationships with your customers based on trust, with trust, you’ll have customers for life.
7. Network with other business owners. Many studies say you become like the people you regularly spend time with. Attend live business events and conferences that best target your business needs. Network with people who inspire you – running a business can be lonely and difficult on your own.
8. Get expert advice. Ask for help with things that you are struggling with. Attending live events is a great way to meet experts face to face. I have learned so much from specialised experts that have helped me along the way.
9. Talk to your customers. Ask every customer, “How did you find us?” It’s important to know how your customers found you so you know where and which areas to focus your marketing on. Talking to customers can also give you other great insights.
10. Get on social media. Social media networks are fantastic resources to promote your business online. Engage with your fans by commenting and liking their feed. When you connect with your fans they feel personally connected to your business.